lsldjeissje

Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Welcome To My Blog!


I'd like to start out my first blog post by thanking everyone for taking the time to visit and read my blog. It means a lot to me. This is something I've been thinking about doing for a while now, and I still can hardly believe I'm doing it. Yeah!

I started my first blog back in February 2013. It was my first attempt at sharing my thoughts, ideas, and life with others. I was really excited about it, but because my parents didn't know, I was afraid to share it publicly. I continued to write a few posts here and there, but never published it. I didn't end up blogging a whole lot, maybe like 12 posts in 2 years, but I still loved the idea of having a blog. 

By the time January 2015 rolled around I was beginning to think more about personal branding. I wanted my blog to show off my creative side, especially since I was taking college courses in graphic & web design. I wanted to start building a web design portfolio, and I thought that the easiest place to start would be by designing a professional website for myself. This lead me to make some critical decisions regarding my blog. The first step was to approach the idea of having a blog to my parents. After I got their approval, I began the process of redesigning my blog. Since I wanted more control over the design than I felt I could get with blogger, I made the decision to move my blog to WIX.

I love WIX. Don't get me wrong. It is a great web designing site, and has tons of professional templates. You can also customize basically every aspect of your site, and the editing tools are super user friendly. So why is this site on Blogger and not Wix? Well, I've spent the last 2 years trying to perfect my Wix blog. I've had a lot of fun working on it, and will probably continue to dabble with my Wix site here and there. However, I was beginning to feel like I was spending too much time trying to make it "perfect". The design aspect was starting to overshadow the actual content of the blog. I originally started my blog as a way to express myself, but I wasn't doing that. So I decided to go back to something much more streamline and simple. That's why I started my blog anew on Blogger once again.

There are also two main reasons why I made the switch. The first is the way Wix handles domain names. If you're not willing to pay for a custom domain name, you're stuck with a big long confusing web address. I wanted my site address to be easy for people to remember. Blogger makes it simple by just putting .blogspot.com at the end of your site name. Easy and simple. The second reason why I made the switch back to blogger is the ease of editing. Blogger makes it super simple to add new posts directly from your phone or tablet by using their app. I find this a lot more convenient for me because I don't have to get out my laptop all the time when I have a blog idea. I always have my phone or tablet with me, but not always my laptop. 

I really hope I can have fun with this blog. I don't know how often I'll post, but I'm excited to see where this blog takes me.

~ MissAllieK

1 comment:

Ustream Changes....A Rant

Within the last year the free streaming service Ustream.tv was acquired by IBM. Nothing really changed at first, but within the las...